Before we discuss treatment, let’s talk about how to prevent plantar warts from spreading. These five preventative measures apply, whether you are trying to prevent the spread of the warts to others or you just don’t want more of them appearing on you!
- Keep your shoes on: This just makes sense. And if you are using a gym or public shower, always wear shower shoes. Change your socks and shoes on a regular basis.
- Keep the wart infected area clean and dry. This promotes healing and prevents irritation with its accompanying temptation to pick at the wart.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands often with very warm water and soap. This will destroy any virus picked up on your hands.
- Keep your nails short. Avoid touching, picking or scratching warts, as this can spread the virus.
- Keep your skin healthy to prevent getting warts in the first place. Feed your skin what it needs to look and feel it’s best. A diet high in healthy fats from fatty fish such as tuna and salmon, plus fats from olive oil, seeds and nuts can go a long way to keep your skin looking and feeling its best. Round out your diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables and stay hydrated by drinking fresh water.